Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ode to my 23rd Birfday


Today I turned 23.
I'm not really sure how I should be,
For the most part I'm feeling much more like an adult
and I'm pretty sure that's nature's fault.
But this year I feel I've entered the real world,
And I even sometimes got bored.
Yet, today I still felt celebrated
and I didn't even have to get enebriated.
So here's to birthdays beyond 21,
Although they do not seem quite as much fun.
Another year is always a blessing,
And I will certainly not be guessing
About God's great plans,
For He always has me in His hands.


Thanks for the birthday wishes everybody!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday a day late! Blessings on a great new year ahead...
Look at your new blog look, you have been busy.

Queen Reine said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!
Hope you had a fun day!
We miss seeing you here at ACC.

Dulcinator said...

#23....hurray! glad you enjoyed your day. you'll have to tell me how the rest of it went. thanks for letting me spend half of it with you, friend.