Saturday, January 5, 2008

NYC for the weekend!

Mamma Mia!

Upon returning to Boston a few days ago a greeting a friend that I met in Jerusalem, Adria, along with my friend Anna who also studied with us in Jerusalem (Anna and I go to school together at Gordon-Conwell). Anyhow, the three of us boarded into my little Honda Civic on Friday morning and drove down to Stamford, Ct where my aunt and uncle live. We then got on a train and went into NYC for the day. We took Adria to all the tourist sites and decided to get to the city early the next day to get tickets to a broadway show. We got lucky!! On Saturday morning we got in line at the discount ticket booth and struck gold in finding three remaining tickets to Mamma Mia! It was awesome. I'm not sure if you're a fan of broadway type shows but this was fantastic, fun, and very well done theater! If you're in NYC and need to go to a show (and can't get Wicked tickets) go for Mamma Mia! After seeing it, I'm pretty sure I'm destined to one day play on broadway.....probably not but one never knows!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily, I found your blog. Loved the Egypt photos...I can hear your voice explaining the pictures. I got to see Mama Mia once too...but it was in Dallas and not in NYC. I wanted to thank you for the wonderful pashmina. Christmas was unforgettable and you are so dear. Love you! Jan W

Dulcinator said...

hey, lovely. i am happy that before you had to go back to reality that you were able to scamper about and play with friends. oooh, when i was in new york we didnt have time for broadway since we were there for about 11 hours, but maybe when i come visit you...;) that or a red sox game! hurrah.i miss you already, my dear.