Sunday, September 2, 2007

For you Biola Fans


In the Christian quarter of the old city (it's quartered off in different sections - one Christian, one Jewish, one Armenian, and one Arab or Muslim), our school has a good relationship with one of the merchants. They don't typically recommend any one person, but he is the most honest out of them all and he can change our money. Anyway, during one of our visits he saw us walking around and called us over to his shop. He asked us what schools we had come from and showed us the different stickers and emblems he had from each school. He had one from Gordon-Conwell as well, but I was excited to see that he had a flag from Biola hanging right outside the front of his shop! Who would've thought someone had a little Biola pride all the way out here!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my college years my family lived about a mile from Biola. When I was thinking about college back in the "dark ages" I wouldn't consider a Christian school because I was under the false impression that girls just went to Christian schools so they could find a husband and also I didn't want to be a "Biola Betty". We've come a long way....

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful, sparkly eyes!

Love,
Mom

Jill said...

I miss you!! this has nothing to do with your blog I just miss you! I hope you are having fun there...I'm going to be counting on you to scope the place out for me just in case! Love you hunny, and call me on Skype if you ever have the time, doesn't matter what time to me!!

Anonymous said...

Ems! A little piece of Biola across the globe-that is awesome!! I love it! Your updates are fun...way to rough it out there:) I can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

p.s. that last anonymous was from me: Nicole:) I forgot to sign it!

lauren mcconnablah said...

yay biola! and you have a Jesus mural to boot!

Anonymous said...

YEAH BIOLA! :) haha, thats really neat!
~Kait

Dulcinator said...

wow, a little taste of the familiar homeyness right around the corner in another country, time zone, continent, and hemisphere. crazy!