Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration...how the heck do you spell that?

So, my ex-patriot friends and I watched the inauguration events streaming live on CNN from across the Atlantic, here in Jerusalem. It was interesting to get their perspective as people who have either not been back to America in almost two years, or have only come home for short visits during the holidays. One point from them...it's amazing what we have done to popularize politics with pop-culture icons, etc. What's also amazing, is that we could even watch the events from many, many miles away. On that note, I hope you all took notice of the benediction. The end of the benediction was full of interesting language choices given the audience. In other words, I didn't like it but can't rant about it on here just in case I want to be the president one day!! :) Besides, he mixed why too much politics with faith...oh man, so much can be said.

In better news, Obama had a nice address and I'm hiking in the Galilee tomorrow!! Can't wait for that...time for bed!!

Lai-la tov (Hebrew for Goodnight)

No comments: