Saturday, June 4, 2011

Such a good thing

I just love Thanksgiving. I think I've even talked about loving Thanksgiving on this blog before. At any rate, I love Thanksgiving because I have the pleasure of spending quality time with family and friends, cooking a delicious meal (usually with mom), watching football, the Macy's day parade, and just getting to be with loved ones all day. The weather in November, no matter where I live, is cooler, perfect for an after dinner walk, and reminds me of how each season changes and the many reasons I have to be grateful.

This Thanksgiving, it's going to get even better! My sister and her adoring husband Spencer are expected their very first little bundle of joy!! They are anticipating the sweet little Whelan baby on November 21st...just in time to snuggle with us on Thanksgiving and enjoy being together. I cannot even wait to be an Aunt and can't even imagine how much fun it will be to have a babe around. We are all so grateful for God's provision with a healthy mom and baby so far, and are continuing to pray they both stay safe and healthy till the little turkey is ready to come out of the oven!.....I know, cheesy...can I call the baby a little turkey too? Probably not, that might be a little too much. We'll just have to find out... :)


3 comments:

Becky said...

Awww, Em, what a sweet post. Even on a beautiful sunny June morning, it makes me look forward to Thanksgiving! :)

Love ya!
Mom

Sarah Anne said...

So sweet. And yeah, the turkey thing has already been vetoed. I tried referring to the baby that way, but Spencer wasn't digging it. :-)

You are going to be the best Aunt EVER!

Dulcinator said...

Whatever you wanna call it...make sure it bakes in it's cute lil' oven long enough! :) Being an auntie is a blast! Yay!