Friday, March 14, 2008

Begging

As I was driving to class tonight (in which I am writing this...don't tell) I was caught at a traffic light that lasted most of the day, when I noticed something very common in major city. A man was walking up and down the rows of cars, holding a sign, and asking for money. The reason he made such an impact on me was the sense of humor in which he had, particularly given his circumstance. His sign read:

"I'm broke and homeless, and need a billion dollars...visa, mastercard, check"

Awesome. If he hadn't have run across the street to catch the next line of cars on an off ramp, I would have reached out and added to his cause with the $5 bill in my pocket. I can appreciate when we can laugh about our lives even when they seem difficult. That's a great reminder for since the weather dudes said it was going to rain and snow this weekend....oh great!

P.S. I'm not trying to make light of this particular person's circumstance....but all of us can appreciate the humor in the midst of it! This is a little more like my circumstance...may not be a bad idea to pay for school!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw a funny one like that once - a man holding up a sign that said "Want to golf - need green fees"
I got a good laugh at that one!
Reine