Monday, October 24, 2011

It's that time again...

For an update!!!!

I've been holding out on you all...mostly because moving and getting settled somewhere takes work! But enough of my excuses, here's what's up!

On August 22nd I moved into a cute little house not far from Main St. in Boerne, Tx. Boerne is a short distance from San Antonio and full of charm and character. Main St. is loaded with Antique shops, boutiques, restaurants, and a sweet river running through. Hello Norman Rockwell!
I am working with Laity Lodge Family Camp, which is a part of the H.E.B. Foundations for Laity Renewal. This foundation was started by the HEB grocery founder, Howard E. Butts. He wanted to establish a place along the Frio River that provided renewal for "laity" in the body of Christ that would also resource them to live their lives for Christ in the workplace, in home life, and to "transform their daily life". Not too shabby! I get to work every other weekend with families out on 1900 acres of land along the Frio River, tucked closely into a canyon. It's beautiful! (more on that to come) I do a great deal of programming, leading worship, making sure things are happening logistically, and supporting our staff of college students and other post-grads. Not to mention, learning how to shoot a rifle! Currently I'm out at the canyon part-time but it's been great fun!



I'm hoping to get back into the swing of blogging although it seems like I say that an awful lot and then duck out of it again. Now that I'm in a bit of a routine here, I think I can manage more frequent posts! :) I'm living about and hour and twenty minutes from my sister and my brother-in-law Spencer, and it has been so fun helping them prepare for their sweet baby girl who will be making an appearance in November. I'm sure she'll give me a great deal to talk about...and of course the delight in living near family again!

Thanks for checking in with me here and stay tuned for more!

2 comments:

Lauren Turner said...

So fun to read and see some pictures. Keep it up!

Between You and Me said...

loving your life in Texas!