Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Showered!

Despite the challenges of moving, the emotions of transition and change, there is a great joy in living close to family. Especially when said family is expecting a new baby....their first one! I was blessed to be a part of showering the couple with exciting new things to fill their nursery and prepare them for the sweet baby girl, due Nov. 14 (unless she makes an early appearance, of course). A highlight of the shower for me was speaking with a few "seasoned" moms as they inquired about excitement in being a new Auntie Em. One shared the unique love and relationship Aunts get to have with their nieces and nephews, and I have to say bits and pieces of that are already being stirred in my heart. I did not expect to be so taken with a baby I have not been introduced to, but I'm finding myself more and more attached. Isn't it strange, and beautiful, that God stirs our hearts to love what He has created, without condition, just because He created it? I think I'm going to LOVE being an Auntie Em! Here's a little a poem I wrote to attach to a gift I made for the little one's nursery....

Oh the adventures we will have
Me and you
And teddy bear too

We’ll sing and dance
And play all day
Every game, just your way

Splashing in the water
Dreaming and making friends
Until, my niece, each day ends

You are loved so much
I can’t wait to be your Auntie
A special place in my heart
Is always saved for you my sweet niece


Here's a song you should listen to while looking at the photos from the shower...listen for the heartbeat at the beginning of the song. It's the song writer's daughter during an ultrasound...amazing!












Sarah's Austin friends pulled out all the stops for this shower...so fun to work with them and get to know them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, this one made me cry. I didn't know you wrote the baby a poem. My heart is full...

Love,
Mom

Sarah Anne said...

Best Aunt EVER!!!!!