Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Superbowl

Well friends....it's been a while since I posted...I've been a busy girl getting started on the new semester, getting classes squared away, and figuring out how to get around without a GPS while driving in Boston. At any rate, it has been an eventful day with the big game for the New England Patriots. My roommate and I went to a house of a few friends from church to watch the big game. It was a room full of overzealous football fans and passion New England sports fans. One thing to learn about Boston is their loyalty to their sports teams and there emotional involvement in the lives of the players! This we have learned from their infinity (and mine) for the Red Sox. My roommate is pretty sure she's dating Tom Brady. However, upon eating our fill of football junk food and watching the Patriots lose after a perfect season, these fans turn from extreme enthusiasts to depressed, full of junk food, and feeling sick from both the intake of calories and disgust at the loss of what could have been THE FIRST PERFECT NFL SEASON!! I better go help my roommate get nursed back to sports fan health by watching a few episodes of "Friends" and forgetting the game ever happened. By the way, she says she's dumping Tom Brady....should be an interesting conversation. :)


P.S. For those interested, I changed my degree program from Masters of Divinity to a dual program. I'll end up with a masters of arts in religion and a masters of arts in theology when all is said and done. I'll graduate in the same time (May 2009) and get to focus on more specific interests. My concentration will be in Biblical worship and how the use of media and arts impact spiritual formation. Anyhow, it makes me excited to continue on this educational journey!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're blogging again!

Love,
Mom