Saturday, February 9, 2008

Yael Naim - Toxic

Okay, So I came to discover this artist through the new Apple MacBook Air commercial that features her song, "New Soul". However, upon doing further research....I love her stuff! She's totally weird and creative and I like it! This video is a remake she did of Britney Spears' song "Toxic". Listening to it in this remake makes me realize how ridiculous some hip-hop/pop lyrics are and how much they can be cries for help. Anyhow, just thought this was an interesting remake and comparing it to the original makes it even more amazing. If you do decide to look up Britney's video of the song on YouTube, do yourself a favor and only listen to the first 20 seconds. Oh, and one more awesome thing I discovered is that Yael Naim is Israeli!! Crazy! Hope you all enjoy!

P.S. this is what I do when I'm procrastinating....look for new music! I should get back to my reading now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothin' wrong with finding good music when you want to procrastinate...

Love,
Mom

Dulcinator said...

maybe i will check that music out some time.

interesting and exciting to hear about the major change. that is great to know you will focus more wholeheartedly on what you are passionate about, my dear.

i bet experiencing the patriot craze live was a fascinating thing to partake in! :) miss you and love you.

dulc