Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Recent Reflections

I am preparing to head out to Florida on Friday for a another round of interviews, expectant and hopeful but still a bit cautious to wait and see what God has in mind for me. I was sitting at the beach tonight (in the car...it's still freezing!) and was thinking about how God is just as faithful as the tide that will always ebb and flow, or the sun that always rises and sets. I'm thankful I'm not in control and that He is not safe, but most certainly worth trusting. He has been so near....a true companion.....I couldn't be more blessed.

(Plus, I only have a few short weeks until school is out forever!)

1 comment:

Dulcinator said...

You are closer and closer by the day, Em. :) The ocean must remind a lot of people of God's faithfulness cause when I was on the beach in Monterey, CA this weekend I sat and stared for an extended and relaxing period of time at the waves crashing into the pilings. I noticed the obvious- that the waves don't fail to come and go with consistent persistency just like Christ's faithfulness in our lives. It's exhiliratingly overwhelming. The ocean and Jesus give me cause to stop and offer gratitude. I love that we felt the same thing, my dear friend!