Monday, May 10, 2010

Sermonizing

Last September I began a journey of learning how to preach and teach and doing my best to improve at each opportunity. I'm still growing in my ability to communicate God's word to the people in our ministry. There are times when I really don't know if I've made any impact or if the way I communicated made sense to the people listening. The thing I keep leaning on is that I'm teaching God's word, and His word speaks for itself, and He is the one changing lives. That truth offers me rest.

During this process of learning more about preaching and teaching, I had the opportunity to share a little bit of my story. The youth ministry at our church asked me to come and preach during their "relationship" series. I was asked to bring the perspective of a single person in light of Biblical truth about what singleness can hold for the kingdom. I shared pieces of my story as a single person and the promises of God that have impacted me throughout my journey. If you're interested, the recording is posted on the student ministry website. Here's the link: (please keep in mind that I'm speaking to middle school and high school students here! :) )

just click on the link and look for "The Talk: Singleness"- Emily Ballbach
http://www.boredonsunday.com/index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&Itemid=91

1 comment:

Sarah Anne said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! And I knew you had a crush on Troy! ;-)

Love you so much!